here, there and everywhere

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. Saint Augustine

Friday, August 19, 2005

Advanced Scuba Diving 101




I am a certified advanced open water scuba diver! I sent off my forms from Saigon today, and hopefully I'll have my card a few months after I get back,which will be a blessed relief, as it replaces my first open water scuba diving card which some of you may have seen as having the worst photo of me ever on it- and it was a lifetime licence, until I did a higher level.

For the first time I took sea sickness tablets,and wasn't sick at all- amazing!! I'll never dive off a boat without them again. And on the third day I took some tablets to help me equalise my ears, and they worked really well too. As one of the dive masters said nothing like diving on drugs- really does the trick.Not sure what drugs he was referring to, but my over-the-counter medication was completely worth it.

The dives I did for my course were:
*buoyancy
*navigation
*deep dive
*photography
*naturalist

The deep dive was to 28 metres, and was completely different to other dives I've done. The visibilty wasn't great either, and at that depth, water absorbs more light, so we had to hold hands with our dive buddy to keep from getting separated and lost.

I had a fantastic time diving - had forgotten how much fun hanging out with the dive community can be..I'll def be doing more in the very near future. (well when I've paid off my credit card debt..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home