here, there and everywhere

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. Saint Augustine

Sunday, August 21, 2005

I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again..

Tonight is my last night in Vietnam... Tamsin left today togo to Bangkok for a day and then back to Blighty, and I head off to Cambodia tomorrow.Not 100% sure how I'm going to fit everything I've bought in my bag. I'm kind of avoiding packing by blogging downstairs on the free internet..

Saigon has been excellent...but pictures are taking a while to load,so no more for a bit...

Had a manicure at a salon today while waiting for Tamsin to get her haircut.At first it just seemed slightly unusual that there were so many girls hanging around in quite skimpy outfits for Vietnam, and that the main woman of the place was perhaps previously a man. However it wasn't till I looked down and saw that everyone was wearing 6 inch "hooker heels" (perspex high heeled shoes) that I decided perhaps the place was more than it appeared to be, and they'd taken us in on a slow Sunday afternoon.

Finally a taxi arrived with 3 chinese guys,who proceeded to get their hair cut by the very good male stylist, and then went into the back rooms - perhaps for a shampoo or a massage, or more likely for "full service"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home