here, there and everywhere

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. Saint Augustine

Monday, August 29, 2005

Farewell Siem Reap...





Well - am staying one more day here, due to a combination of exhuastion, really loving the town and a bit of a ticket mix up. I've seen some truly amazing sights here.

The temples were really incredible.. some of the most interesting were the ones people don't go to as much, the more remote ones. It was thoroughly exhausting though - 3 full days of temples, including the last temple in the pouring rain!!

I've also been hanging out with some great people - Marissa is an Aussie who works at my guesthouse, and she also teaches English and works at a local radio station. I went today with her to the school, which is free for anyone to attend, and met the students - who range from about 5 - 59 (Mr Lieng who was a soldier, and was wearing Thai boxing shorts to class today!)

I've also been spending a good many nights checking out the Siem Reap nightlife.. tonight is my last night, so no doubt we'll be going out again. I had a quiet one last night, and no temples to see tomorrow, so it should be fun!

Want to take some photos of the town before the sun goes down, so I'll head off now..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home